Never forget to get outside of the library. Just because you put up a sign, or add something to your newsletter, doesn't mean that you have done your job promoting. Here are the simple steps:
- Determine where you want to go (coffee shops, commuter train stations, and grocery stores are all great options)
- Contact the location and ask for permission
- Determine who will go to the location, and what materials they will need (tables, chairs, eReaders, internet access, hand-outs, etc.)
- Verify with your location 1 week and the day before you go
- Go to location. Be happy. Be a rockstar. Promote the library and all the wonderful things you provide.
- Keep stats, and report back to your library about all the lovely people you helped.
- As my good friend and co-worker Gwyn Stupar would say, have a piece of cake. That was hard work! You earned it!